- California as pop-culture mythos.
- Verb tenses in Ezra Pound's "The River Merchant's Wife: A Letter" & Wilfred Owen's "Dulce et Decorum Est."
- Shaping the Iraq narrative in the shadow of Vietnam, Or: We're losing less badly now, so we have to continue the immoral elective war.
- A note to creative writing students on the use of the dictionary.
- Crankery & Wankery: 'Expansive Poetry', the New Formalism & the dustbin of (literary) history, with a special note on the vapidity of Dana Gioia's verse.
- Why the American Right hates American higher education, with special reference to the trolls at the Inside Higher Education website as representatives of yahooism.
If I didn't have two book reviews & a conference paper on my desk, with looming deadlines: