Despite the perfect weather, I have a great deal of indoor work over the next couple of weeks. I haven't done a bit of it this weekend -- I keep wandering outside to look at the river, ro see which birds are at the feeder, to see which plants are sprouting, which flowers blooming, which clouds drifting across the sky. In the next two weeks, though, we'd better have some bad weather because I have to:
- Do a bunch of grading. 115 short essays; 50 projects.
- Finish my on-line course for Summer Session (begins May 21st).
When that's done I have to:
- Teach the on-line course
- Finish the second phase of the kitchen remodel we started last year: dining room paint & floor.
- Do the last spasm of paperwork associated with my late step-father's estate.
- Plan next year's courses. Have already begun this -- it's more enjoyable than finishing the courses I'm now teaching.
- Plan a series of workshops on blogging for next year for CU students, staff & faculty.
- Put together the core of what I think will be by next book of poems.
All right, bub, quit whining & get to work!Â Okay, alright! I'm going.